Friday, August 9, 2013

My New Favorite Jeans

Something light hearted for your Friday: a shopping recommendation!

I have sadly been on the hunt for a good pair of jeans for almost 18 MONTHS. Since Judah was born I have not been able to find a pair of jeans I really like. I used to live in the Stella skinny leg jeans from Express. I do have some of their "jegging" line that I like because they still have a lot of stretch. But when it comes to true denim, putting on those jeans just didn't quite feel... right.

Anyone that's had a baby can tell you that even though you may weigh the same as before kids, your body shape may be completely different. And that's definitely true for me. I weigh exactly the same as I did pre-Judah...but clothes fit SO differently now! I'm a little thicker in the waist and my butt is flatter (what the heck is up with that?).

The problems I was having with jeans were endless - one was that I was between sizes, so it's hard to find something that fits properly without alterations. I was also finding that I would try a pair on in the store and they would fit great, but then I'd get home and they would start getting saggy really quickly. I was having to belt all my jeans or keep pulling them up constantly. It was because the denim was loosing it's elasticity too quickly, so I'd keep washing and drying them hoping for that "just out of the dryer" fit.

A lot of the problem comes from the rise of the denim - everything is super low rise now. That just doesn't work for me or my mommy muffin. Enter my new favorite: the Straight and Narrow Dark Wash Jeans from J. Crew Factory.

The rise actually comes up to my belly button. The denim is quality enough so that it doesn't get stretched out after one wear, and thick enough so that I know it's durable. The cut is simple and doesn't have a lot of trendy fading or distressing on the wash.

Image via factory.jcrew.com
Best of all? Right now they're on sale for $44. I ordered a pair of skinny cropped jeans in coral from J. Crew Factory about a month ago when they were having a 40% off of their already reduced clearance and got this pair for $17:


Both jeans were a great deal since they're normally $80. They both fit great, and I'm looking forward to ordering more in the future. Hopefully THIS will finally be the brand of jean I've been searching for and can count on.

No comments: